At CedarCreek Estate Winery, the protection of your personal information is a priority. We know that privacy is important to you and we take it seriously.
Please also see our website "Terms and Conditions".
What do we mean by personal information?
What personal information do we process about you?
Most of the personal information that we collect about you when using the websites listed above can be classified in these categories:
- Identification data, for instance, your name, address, phone number, company, billing address and shipping address;
- Electronic data, such as your IP and cookies installed on your devices, but also credentials to access areas of our websites reserved for members;
- Financial data, including your credit card number, it's expiration and the name on the credit card;
- Other datanecessary to process your inquiries, such as to book you for an event or a tasting tour. Such data may include preferred dates and times, as well as number of guests.
If you apply to a job on our website, you will be required to create an applicant account, which involve electronic credentials (e-mail and password). As part of the recruitment process, we will collect information, such as your work experience, your identification data, your resume, any documents that you upload, such as a cover letter, your licenses and certifications. We also offer you the opportunity to select applicable skills, describe your work behavior, and add information about your motivation. Our applicant tracking system (ATS) allows you to include links, such as links to your LinkedIn profile, in which case, we may consider such information. We may also consider other public information about your career in our quest for talents and attach some interview notes to your applicant profile.
Why do we process your personal information?
We process your personal information to;
- get in touch with you after you submit an inquiry, a form or otherwise communicate with us;
- evaluate your resume and help you get a job with us, if you applied through our Careers page;
- process your orders and deliver our products to you;
- help you reserve and plan for an event, subscribe you to an activity, make a reservation to one of our restaurants, or to book a wine tasting or wine tour appointment with you - when applicable, we may also process payments for such events;
- if you join our mailing list, send you promotional information on our products, so that you never miss a good deal again! Don't worry, you can always unsubscribe.
- subscribe you as a member of one of our Wine Clubs - so that you can receive wines through your membership over the year. Our members who have consented to promotional offer also receive communication with special deals, exclusive events and information on our products;
- if you consent, contact you to conduct surveys on your satisfaction with our products.
- understand your behavior to offer you targeted advertising about our products;
- manage our customer relationship with you;
- manage and administer our websites for security and fraud prevention purposes;
- legal purposes, including to respond to legitimate and lawful requests pursuant to a warrant, a court order, upon due review.
How can I withdraw my consent for electronic communications?
You can unsubscribe from our electronic communications by:
- Clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in the e-mail, where applicable;
- Updating your preferences in your account, where applicable;
- Send an e-mail to us, and we will help you out (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
How can I delete my account with you?
We hope that you want to stay with us for a long time and will not have to do this, but if you would like to delete your account, we will assist you in doing so. You can e-mail us at email@example.com.
Note that in your account, you can edit your information, including your profile, shipping address, credit cards on files and credentials.
How do you protect my personal information?
We strive to implement adequate measures to protect your personal information. The password you provide when registering on our website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal information. We make sure to use PCI DSS compliant third parties when processing your credit cards information.
Unfortunately, we can never promise that the Internet will be 100% secure. Please do not share your credentials across your organization or leave it on a post it for everyone to see!
Who will access my personal information in your organization?
We only allow our employees to see your personal information on a need to know basis. Our employees handling personal information are all subject to confidential agreements.
Do we share your personal information with third-parties?
Let's be clear, we will never sell your information to third-parties.
However, we do share your personal information with third parties to provide you with our products and advertise them, as well as for operational purposes.
These third parties can be classified in the following categories:
- Delivery partners,to deliver our products to the right location;
- Financial partnersto process your payments;
- Marketing and sales partnersto offer you an e-commerce platform to buy products online, manage our relationship with you and communicate with you for promotional purposes, including for re-targeting and to understand your behavior;
- IT service providers,such as our data hosting provider;
This website may include links to third parties, including social media. If you click on these links, you are leaving our website and the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to these third-parties' privacy practices. You can also be redirected to third parties' website to acquire tickets for an event, or to make a reservation to a restaurant, such as through Open Table. When this happens, you are also subject to their privacy practices.
It's possible that we may have to share your personal information to comply with a court order. When we receive such requests, we do all necessary verifications to ensure that they are lawful and if possible, we inform you of this request prior to share your personal information.
Where will my personal information by stored?
Our websites are hosted in Canada and the United States.
Our applicant tracking system ('ATS') is also a third party hosted in Canada.
We use third parties located in the United States, and which may store your personal information outside of Canada.
How long do we hold your personal information?
We keep your personal information as long as we have a business relationship with you, and as long as required under applicable laws. If you would like us to delete some or all of your personal information, or delete your account, you can reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try our best to help you.
Note that you can remove your saved credit cards from your accounts at any time.
What are my rights regarding my personal information?
Different laws allow you to exercise some rights about your personal information. Depending on where you are located, these rights can vary, but usually include the following:
- To obtain access to copies of all the personal information that we hold about you;
- To ask for the rectification of your personal information in case it is incorrect, incomplete, invalid or ambiguous;
If you want to exercise any of these rights, we will do our best to help you free of charge. Before you ask our help, note that you have control on most of your personal information through your account page.
If you request a transcription, reproduction or transmission of your personal information, we may have to charge a reasonable fee to process your request, subject to applicable laws. In this case, we will contact you about these charges before addressing your request.
Additionally, in some cases, your ability to access or control your personal information will be limited, as required or permitted under the applicable laws. If your request is denied, we will notify you in writing, with the motives for our refusal and information on how to appeal of our decision. We will keep the relevant personal information until you will have exhausted the recourse provided by law. In any event, we will respond not later than thirty (30) days after the reception of your request.
If you have any questions about your rights or if you want to exercise them, you may send an email to email@example.com.
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are useful to ensure that our website works as intended, and that you can use the functionalities available on our website.
- Some of our pages use the AddThis tools for sharing content via various social media sites like Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin. AddThis collects data that can indirectly identify you, such as unique IDS (cookie ID on your browser), IP addresses and information derived from IP addresses (geographic location, information about your device, operating system, screen resolution or preferred language), and the time and date that you visited our page or used the AddThis tool bar, for instance.
- We use perform analytics and understand the pages and advertisements that you like, how you ended up on our website, and what type of devices;
- We also use re-targeting techniques to sell our products through Facebook.Click herefor more details;
- We can personalize your experience on our e-commerce platform using cookies;
What type of Cookies do we use?
When you browse our website, different types of cookies are set on your hard disk or your device's storage space. Cookies can be installed by us or can be installed by third-parties.
- First Party Cookies - First party cookies are those that are issued by our website domain, and they can only be set or retrieved by us. They are used for purposes specific to us, such as to personalize the website.
- Third Party Cookies - Third party cookies are usually placed on the website via scripts or tags added to a web page. Sometimes, these scripts will also bring additional functionality to the site.
We use different categories of cookies, which we classified using the standard from the International Chamber of Commerce:
- Strictly Necessary - These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate our website and use its features, such as purchasing products, or ensuring that you can navigate securely. For instance, we use a cookie titled X-CSRF-Token which ensures visitors' browsing-security by preventing cross-site request forgery.
- Performance Cookies - Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, such as the pages that visitors go most often, and whether they get an error messages from our web pages. These cookies don't collect information that allow us to specifically identify you; it only provides aggregated information about our visitors. Most performance cookies are persistent. For example, we use a cookie called _ga which allows Google Analytics to generate aggregated statistical data on how a visitor uses our website.
- Functionality Cookies - These cookies are used for enhanced functionalities that are useful to you, such as social media sharing, but which are not necessary.
- Targeting Cookies - These cookies are used to deliver advertising more relevant to you and your interests, including by leveraging social medias such as Facebook. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of a campaign. These cookies can remember that you visited a website and share this information with third parties for re-targeting purposes.
How long do cookies stay installed on my device?
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies - Those are files set temporarily on your device and deleted once you close your browser. They are not stored nor transmitted to third parties. We use this type of cookies to ensure you have auser-friendly experience. As an example, we use a cookie called JSESSIONID, which allows us to preserve users states across page requests. Most of our cookies are session cookies.
- Persistent cookies - Those remain active on your device for some time, which may vary from a few days to two years after your visit on our website.
Can third parties have access to my cookies?
Let's be clear… We do not allow any add partners to collect your personal data for their own purposes directly on our website. We do not sell your personal data to anyone.
We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using Facebook through a tool offered by Facebook called theCustom Audience Tool. This tool allows us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with Facebook. The tool lets us convert your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers it generates from email addresses of its users. We work with Facebook through Real-Time-Bidding ("RTB"), which means that we compete with other advertisers to offer you our advertisings based on your interests.
We also use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to conduct some analytics on our website performance; but don't worry, we can't track you individually. This service only gives us an idea of the overall traffic on our different pages. Google Analytics does this by installing a tracking code on your device, and collecting data on the number of times a user has visited the website, as well as dates for the first and last visits, including the exact time of the visit, and from where you arrived on our website, including the search terms that were leverage or the links that were clicked. This is useful to understand which products and features on our website you like… and those that you don't!
How can I manage my preferences?
Browsers and devices have tools that allow you to control cookies; you can block them, ensure that you are notified when you are subject to cookies and control the cookies already stored on your device. However, if you block all of the cookies, you may not be able to access all our functionalities, like online ordering.
Depending on the browser that you are using, different instructions are applicable. Click on your browser to have more information:
If you want to opt-out from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, you can do so by clicking here.
If you want to opt-out from Facebook Custom Audience Tool and Conversion Tracking Pixels, you can do so by following the instructions here. If you opt out, we will remove you from all our custom audiences.
How does this policy affect Californians?
Legislation in California provides that California residents be entitled to know how we respond to "Do Not Track" browser settings. If activated by you, this setting sends a special signal to the websites you encounter while web browsing indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will describe how so in this policy.
How can I reach you if I have more questions, concerns or any inquiries?
You can send us a letter:
CedarCreek Estate Winery
500 - 887 Great Northern Way
Vancouver, BC V5T 4T5
Alternatively, you can always reach out to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our privacy officer will get back to you as soon as possible.